Hacked!

on Sunday, November 09, 2008
Sorry, no pictures in this update.
Several days ago, my blog was attacked and heavily spammed so I had to activate the comments moderation to prevent any similar accident from happening. And today I discovered that my e-mail address (the Gmail account) has been hijacked and used for sending the spam garbage around. When I inspected my spam folder, I found several stupid e-mail messages that allegedly came from my own e-mail address. So, if any of you has received a "suspicious" message that came from my address, please forgive me. It's a fake and wasn't really sent by me. That's a case of identity theft!

9 comments:

J.R. Spumkin said...

So...I wasn't supposed to send the prince of Nigeria my credit card number?

Shit.

I suppose the last Irish midget in existence isn't going extinct either.

Double shit.

J.R. Spumkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.R. Spumkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amir Avni said...

Wow, thats quite a case! how did you get across it Dragan?

Hammerson said...

j.r.spumkin:
>> So...I wasn't supposed to send the prince of Nigeria my credit card number? <<

Of course... he's an honest guy. He promised to finance my next movie :)

I've been really busy for the last few days... I'll check your blog during the weekend, and also send you the part 2 of my caricature tips.

Hammerson said...

Amir:
I spent some time investigating the problem, and fortunately it seems that nobody had the direct access to my Gmail account. This looks now like a case of "spoofing" or faking the e-mail address of the sender. My e-mail was displayed in the Blogger profile, so it was probably picked up by the bastard who tried to spam my entire blog last Friday. While it's not the worst that could have happened, it's still very ugly and annoying because my name and e-mail has been abused. So far, nobody from my contact list received any crap messages from my spammer doppelganger and I hope it will stay this way. I reported the problem on Google help center, and saw the other people complaining about it too.

J.R. Spumkin said...

Oh, okay. My mind is at ease.

But of the Irish midget? Am I truly safe?

J.R. Spumkin said...

Oh, and sadly, I've not posted 'em yet. By Sunday, I'll be up and running.

grantbond said...

very nice.