Katie Rice Day

on Friday, September 12, 2008
Time has come for a traditional "Happy Birthday to Katie Rice" post :)

Here's Katie, as a cartoon character. This picture was inspired by the title cards for the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons.



And these are Skadi and Diseasoid, two popular creations by Katie Rice and Luke Cormican, in my interpretation:



Visit Dumm Comics website for more Skadi and other cool stuff. Also, don't forget to regularly check Funny Cute blog and enjoy in Katie's amazing artwork.

6 comments:

patrick said...

Looks like Skadi had baseball in her blood. and she's a lefty!

Hammerson said...

Actually, in the original pencil drawing, Skadi was hitting a severed gnome head with her sword like a baseball :)

Subject 645-3, a.k.a. John R. Spumkin said...

Holy crap! I didn't know today was Katie Rice's birthday. I should stop by her blog and wish her a good one.

Ccool drawings, Hammerson!

-J. Spumkin

P.S. I finally got my blog up. If you want, come see it some time.

Anonymous said...

Katie rules.
Skadi too.
Excellent drawings mr.Hammerson

B.

Hammerson said...

J. Spumkin, Anonymous: Thanks! I'm a big fan of Katie, and did my best to make a nice tribute to her art.

Katie said...

Thanks so much!!! I love these! Ha ha ha, I would have liked to have seen the severed gnome head, that sounds hilarious! Thanks again, your drawings are inspiring!