Learning to draw...

on Sunday, May 04, 2008
I just created another blog, dedicated to various drawing exercises, practicing and training. Take a look at
http://hammersonpractice.blogspot.com/

Currently, I'm learning to draw John Kricfalusi's immortal creation - George Liquor. Here are my inked and cleaned-up versions based on John's original drawings:

George Liquor

George Liquor fanart

George Liquor fanart

George Liquor

George Liquor fanart

George Liquor fanart



George Liquor fanart

On my practice blog, I documented the whole saga with sketches and various attempts, both failed and successful. Check it out.

5 comments:

Mitch L said...

cool! They look good.

Like youre blog as well, youre stuff is really funny and confident.

Hammerson said...

Thanks! Your stuff is good too, and I loved your George Liquor practice drawings. Lately I didn't have time to draw or update the blog because of my work and some other activities, and I plan to prepare something new in several days, both here and on the practice blog.

Sean Worsham said...

Wow, Good linework. John should hire you if he's smart ;).

Hammerson said...

Thanks! I'd LOVE to be a part of this, or any other John's project.

Eshniner Forest said...

If I were John K, I would force you fill out the hire forms so you could get started making cartoons!! These are perfect!! :)