Happy Birthday to...

on Saturday, April 26, 2008
• Marlo

Marlo Meekins caricature

• Kristen



• Coral

One Piece fan art & birthday card



All of them celebrated their birthdays in April, and now it's my turn (27th April). Yes, it means that Hammerson is 252 years old (check my profile, if you don't believe). Happy Birthday to me! :)

And here are some of the Birthday drawings I received during the last two days:
• This is a terrific caricature of me, by Sean Worsham, an extraordinary artist and a great friend. My mighty pencil looks here like Excalibur :)



• Another superb artist made a portrait of my strange face. Kristen (yes, the same one from the drawing above) is a true master of funny drawings, and I'm honored to be her latest caricature victim :)



Of course, I'm much more handsome in the real life ;)

• Next, here's a beautiful drawing by a cartoonist superstar of the future, Kali Fontecchio:



• And finally, the amazing Jesse Oliver made a funny B-day card for me, with his characters Johnny and Adam:



Thanks to you pals, and to everybody else who sent me the birthday greetings.

13 comments:

Marlo Meekins said...

:)

Jorge Garrido said...

Geez, it's everyone's birthday this month, I personally know like half a dozen people born around this time. My birthday is April 24th, I turned 19 this year and bought a cigar to celebrate.

These caricatures are awesome! Good, job, Hammy!

Back to studying!

Sean Worsham said...

Happy Birthday Hammerson! I made you a card, it's under your comment section :)

Hammerson said...

>> Happy Birthday Hammerson! I made you a card, it's under your comment section :) <<

I just saw it, and it's awesome! Thanks for the terrific Birthday present!!! I'll post it here, if you agree, together with few other cool b-day cards :)

Hammerson said...

>> My birthday is April 24th, I turned 19 this year and bought a cigar to celebrate.

These caricatures are awesome! Good, job, Hammy! <<

Thanks! You share birthday with one of these four supremely talented ladies! If I knew it, I'd draw a birthday card for you too. Maybe later (this week I have a real hell at my job, plus have to finish the storyboard for a short movie and dozen of illustrations for a book).

Jesse Oliver said...

I'm glad you loved the B-Day drawing I sent ya!

I'm gonna turn those Johnny & Adam guys into future stars!!! ;)

Jesse

McDermott said...

HammersonLand, Damn Man! The Quality of the line you use, with the design and color of each Illustration is unmatched by any other artist I've seen in some time...Jim

Hammerson said...

>> I'm gonna turn those Johnny & Adam guys into future stars!!! ;) <<

Thanks again, and good luck! I expect to watch the adventures of these two guys on TV in the near future! :)

And by the way, what's happening with the comments here? I can't post a comment into my own blog from the preview window. Anybody else has the similar problem?

Hammerson said...

>>HammersonLand, Damn Man! The Quality of the line you use, with the design and color of each Illustration is unmatched by any other artist I've seen in some time...Jim <<

Thank you so much! I see better artists than me every day (and you are certainly one of them). There are lot of areas where I must practice and learn more, in order to improve my drawing skills.

Arschblog said...

Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a great one!

I like the Marlo Drawing a lot!!!
I like how drew her arms and legs! Really Cartoony! You should do more drawings like this!=)

Hammerson said...

>> You should do more drawings like this!=) <<

I will. Thanks!

Hryma said...

Wow your good!!
I keep comming by your blogs and I'm just amazed!

Hammerson said...

Thanks! I'm a big fan of your sculptures and artwork!