Professor Eggman

on Sunday, March 02, 2008
This monster is 11 pages long, and requires some patience. It's a real story, based on the real person, and I'd be in trouble if I say anything more. I drew it 4 years ago, and like always with my older works, this one has some drawing mistakes that are now making me wince. The only true lines of dialogue (in the penultimate panel) are translated to English. All the rest has remained from the original version in Croatian, including the idiotic sound effects, but you'll be able to completely understand the story. Just a little help: "DA" means YES, and "NE" means NO. That's your lesson in Croatian language for today.

But wait, before I proceed, I've got an important question for you all! I've been thinking for some time to divide HammersonLand into two separate blogs. First blog would contain only my comics, comics-related stuff and nothing else. The second blog will have all the other content (caricatures, illustrations, cartoons, etc.) and essentially it will serve as my on-line portfolio, and it will be just like the regular HammersonLand, only without comics.
Do you like this idea, or you'd prefer to follow one blog like before, with all content mixed together? What do you think? Comment, please!

Now, go on and enjoy the comic...





















8 comments:

Sean Worsham said...

Great comic, it reveals many truths about what people assume about others. It's jobs that enslave us and make us something wholly something else. It's only when we reach our confines that we can truly be ourselves.

Hammerson said...

Sean: thanks! That was the main idea behind this comic, and also a discrepancy between somebody's public and private persona (a theme that always intrigued me). This guy was an university professor, but I degraded him to an elementary school teacher, because that setting is more universal and offered greater possibilities for comedy. Also, his reverting to childhood makes more sense that way.

jurica said...

najs.
mozda mrvicu preekspliciran kraj (sve je jasno i bez komentara rijecima). mislim, sve super, samo komentiram sto me je pecnulo dok sam citao.
ne osjecam se dobro ako ne napisem barem nesto negativno. protivi se mojoj javnoj personi ;-)

sunday comics said...

Superb comics blog. Thanks for the information, it is very useful. I visited a site and it's also cool, I'd like to share my sunday comics directory site with you. Please check this one out.

Hammerson said...

Hvala! U pravu si za kraj, i meni se taj finalni dijalog cini nepotrebnim. Mislim da bi sve dobro stimalo bez ikakvog teksta.

> ne osjecam se dobro ako ne napisem barem nesto negativno. protivi se mojoj javnoj personi ;-)

Ovo me podsjeca na jos jednu osobu s domace strip scene ... ;)

Hammerson said...

sunday comics: thanks for the link

Octav said...

really enjoied your comic!!

ps: i think you should keep our blog justth way it is

Hammerson said...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, the blog remains in the same form and I haven't abandoned it, though I don't update it as often as before.