The Flower Girl

on Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Here's little bit of the late 60s flower power psychedelia for you. I tried to make a warm and inviting portrait of a Spring Goddess, and also wanted to give it a slightly magical, haunting, and otherworldly quality. The line-work was completed in 45 minutes, and it was followed by an hour of Photoshop madness :)



Soundtrack and inspiration:
  • Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced?
  • The Kinks: The Village Green Preservation Society
  • 4 comments:

    B-Movie Babe said...

    Love this one!

    Sean Worsham said...

    Wow!!! I see nothing but love and warmth in all of your lines and color :).

    Booo Tooons Ltd. said...

    Nice!

    Hey Hammerson,

    How come you don't have a bigger profile pic? I love the Ren with green Beatles hair!

    Keep up the good work!

    - trevor.

    Hammerson said...

    b-movie babe: hey, good to see you here too, it's a pleasant surprise :) Thanks for the comment!

    Sean: thanks, man!! Well, that was my intention, but the final result is somewhat ambiguous... some people might think that it symbolizes death XD

    Trevor: I tried with bigger profile pic, but it looks really bad when it's automatically reduced for the comments, so I had to reduce it myself to keep the quality. You can see the bigger and complete version of the picture in this old post .