The Greatest Movie You've Never Seen

on Tuesday, July 17, 2007
It's out on DVD right now! And this guy's in it:




IMDB link

Billy Wilder's "lost" masterpiece "Ace in the Hole", never before released in any home video format, and rarely seen for decades has finally appeared today, in the form of a fantastic two-DVD set from Criterion. I had a great luck to catch a rare TV broadcast several years ago, and since then it became one of my all-time favorite movies.

Do yourself a favor, and buy it here:



And if you haven't already seen it, check out my previous Kirk Douglas caricature HERE

2 comments:

Katie said...

WHOA! That caricature is awesome!!

Hammerson said...

Katie, THANKS!!! I'm really happy to receive a compliment from one of my favorite artists :)

The eyes were particularly hard to draw, and I'm not sure if I really managed to get them correctly. Perhaps they're too wide open. Kirk had an amazingly expressive face, and I'll try to make more different drawings of him in some near future.