Marty

on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I've been really sick recently, so the updates are going to be slower than usual, until the full recovery. Here's a quick pencil sketch, just to stay in form. It's done without photo reference, and I plan to improve it later, and put an inked version. Anyway, as you all know, Marty finally got an Oscar after so many years. And I'm really glad, though it's a pity he haven't received it for his better and more personal works back in the '70s and '80s (though I find "The Departed" to be really good and enjoyable movie). So here's a small tribute to this great filmmaker, one of my all-time favorites:

Martin Scorsese caricature

6 comments:

mkoviswatson said...

Hi Dragan,
My Grandfather's original name was Dragan Kovacevic. He came to the United States from Gospice, Croatia in the late 1800s or early 1900s. Perhaps you are related?
Mary Kovis (shortened!) Watson
mkoviswatson@yahoo.com

Rumble Bum said...

Aj, nek je i on odnija kipic

Hammerson said...

>>
Hi Dragan,
My Grandfather's original name was Dragan Kovacevic. He came to the United States from Gospice, Croatia in the late 1800s or early 1900s. Perhaps you are related?
Mary Kovis (shortened!) Watson
mkoviswatson@yahoo.com <<

Hi Mary,
I'm probably not related at all. Both "Dragan" and "Kovacevic" are very common names here in Croatia. Especially Kovacevic as the family name... you can find thousands of people with that name in the Croatian phonebooks. Also, as far as I know, I don't have any relatives in the city Gospic. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Regards,
Dragan

Dela said...

Love his eyebrows ,you got your style nailed.Cheers.
I nismo u rodu.

Arschblog said...

Your caricatures are funny, I like your style! I love the Mike and Kirk Douglas caricatures!:)

I must laugh about the Restaurant comic! It is truly a masterpiece! I wish I could draw so funny pictures like you!
You should release a book with all your comics!=)

Hammerson said...

Dela, Steffi... Thanks!!!

>>You should release a book with all your comics!=) <<

Already done it, last year :-) Click the banner on the right side ("The Book of Hammerson") to find more info about it. If you're interested, send me an e-mail and we can arrange something.