The Adventures of Branko Stoka

on Saturday, February 03, 2007
This is a small preview of an epic 50-page comic book, currently in preparation by yours truly. 15 pages have been done until now, so the whole damned thing is far from being completed. I'll keep you occasionally informed about the progress, and put few more panels as a teaser.



These are two pages in Croatian (pages no.4 and 5 to be precise). Maybe I'll put the English versions later, though it's not too hard to get the basic idea even without knowing the language. The whole comic will be told mostly in pantomime, without lot of dialogue, just symbols and semi-coherent mumblings. The only exception being the silly little rapper who appears at the most unexpected places, as some kind of Greek Chorus.
The main hero, Branko Stoka (or Brando Stokes in English, pity that you lose a joke in translation) is based on a real person! Used without permission, but he probably won't object too much... it's somebody I knew in the early 90s. It's not the first time that he appears in my comics.




What happens next? You'll find out... one day ;-)

10 comments:

Pedro Vargas said...

Hi Hammerson! You've got some amazing drawings and comics here! Super hilarious stuff! I've just discovered you now and it's great to find yet another cartoonist who can draw so awesome! Your stuff is just too neat! I especially like the suicide comic you did and this one your doing now looks incredible. Can't wait to see more! Come swing by my blog and see some of my stuff. Hope you'll like it.

take care,

Pedro Vargas

Jorge Garrido said...

BOOBS!!

Hammerson said...

>> BOOBS!! <<

Everybody loves boobs! This comic will have plenty of them, and the other naughty bits won't be forgotten.

Hammerson said...

>> BOOBS!! <<

I almost forgot... show your ID card to prove that you're old enough to watch filthy drawings. Otherwise, I can't be responsible for any eventual bad influence on you :-)

Just joking...

Hammerson said...

Thanks, Pedro. I've seen your blog, and it's amazing! Really impressive artwork and beautiful dynamic style. I will add the link here, if you don't mind.

Kent B said...

Wow! Branko's apartment is pretty bad - is she too drunk to notice? Let's seee if he can pull this off! (so to speak)

Nice drawings, Hammerson!

Pedro Vargas said...

No, I don't mind. I'll add you into my links as well!

Kali Fontecchio said...

This is really dirty- but I reaallyyy like the use of George Clooney's head!

Hammerson said...

>> This is really dirty- but I reaallyyy like the use of George Clooney's head! <<

Thanks! Dirty? Gosh, no, this is family entertainment :-)
OK, perhaps it's little bit dirty, but nowhere near that infamous Robin Hood story I made couple of years ago with the same character. Now, that one is filthy and funny as hell. Maybe I'll put it here one day, but not soon... the next few updates will be strictly PG-13 rated.

Hammerson said...

>> Wow! Branko's apartment is pretty bad - is she too drunk to notice? Let's seee if he can pull this off! (so to speak)

Nice drawings, Hammerson! <<

Kent, thanks! And that's only one room in his apartment. Wait util you see the rest.
BTW, great choice of avatar. I recognized it immediately :-) And thanks for putting another Milt Stein's Supermouse comic on your blog last week. It's amazing!