It's Mickey!!!

on Saturday, September 02, 2006
Here's one of the most beloved and iconic characters of the last century...



Of course, you all remember that classic opening of the MM cartoons, with the giant Mickey head looking cheerful and smiling at the audience. Now, imagine for a moment what would happen if you were greeted with something like this...



Try to imagine what kind of cartoon would follow after this shabby creature from hell hit the screen. He's looking rather miserable here, almost like he's been subjected to some unspeakable atrocities, or indulged in the vilest vices known to man/mouse-kind. This horrible Bizarro-Mickey is my entry for the project called "Everybody needs to draw Mickey once" . It's a funny idea and a nice initiative, presented at this web-site . Just click on the link and take a look. You can vote for your favorites or perhaps send your own Mickey. So far there are 217 entries, and the number is increasing every day. So take a pencil (or even mouse) in your hand and draw a Mickey, at least once in your life.

12 comments:

Cro fckn bandit said...

Jo bejb čekin aut...

Hammerson said...

He he... aj čekt it aut jestrdej :-)
Svaka cast! Izvrstan je materijal, a realizacija takodjer.

Rico said...

Vidimo se s tvojim radovima, nadam se, u sljedećem broju. Jooo!

Gabriel said...

i love the teeth on the forehead, if those are teeth.

Hammerson said...

Actually, those are the lumps. Teeth on the forehead is an excellent idea. Perhaps I'll incorporate it in some Mutant Mickey drawing. Thanks!

Mega said...

hahaha, thats it. ive decided, youre my favorite artist :D

Brian Romero said...

Fantastic. I love your work man!

Hammerson said...

>>hahaha, thats it. ive decided, youre my favorite artist :D <<

Wow, thanks! I hope you're joking :-) I don't think I'm good enough to be considered as somebody's favorite artist. I haven't reached that level of quality yet, but I'll do my best to improve and grow further. Thanks again!

Dela said...

I worked for them ,the evil empire ,
thanks for kicking the ass of Mickey.In good way.

Hammerson said...

>> I worked for them ,the evil empire ,
thanks for kicking the ass of Mickey.In good way. <<

Thanks :-)
I didn't know that you worked for Di$ney. Was it animation or comics? Any dirty stories about the Evil Empire?

Subect 645-3 said...

Wow...Mickey must've REALLY hit Rock Bottom.

Especially after Tarzan II...(shuddering)

Subect 645-3 said...

On another note, this is a great drawing: you've successfully made Mickey look like a drug addict.

My idea was to have him just a four legged, ugly, venomous rat with the subtitle "Michael Eisner equals...", but this one's great too!